Love trees and the environment?
Love trees and the environment? There aren’t many industries planting trees these days, but the paper industry plants and grows far more than it consumes.
As the most recycled product in the world paper remains one of the more environmentally friendly products due to its ability to be recycled over again. Here are some interesting facts that might change the way you view paper products like magazines.
• The paper and magazine sector is one of the lowest industrial emitters of greenhouse gases, accounting for less than 1% of all EU greenhouse gas emissions.
• All of our magazines are printed on recyclable paper which is sustainably sourced. Paper is also one of the most recycled products in the world.
• Thanks to growers like us, the European forest has been expanding by an area equivalent to 1,500 football pitches a day!
• As the paper industry relies on a reliable source of wood fibre, it plants more trees than are used, which helps in contributing to reducing the amount of Co2 in the air.
• By choosing a paper magazine you are putting back into the earth by indirectly planting more trees!
• Myth buster: you may think that electronic devices are less harmful to the environment however in 2016 alone, 447 million tons of e-waste was generated and these numbers are increasing each year. Vast amounts of water and electricity are used to power and cool the electronic servers.
• Greenhouse gases created by these electronic media servers contribute to a less than environmentally friendly planet earth.
• 72% of consumers worldwide still prefer to read a printed magazine, such as Primary Times, compared to reading electronically.
• A printed magazine helps with quality family time by reading the publication together, compared to an electronic device which is usually read alone. Electronic devices can increase chances of developing myopia.
PUBLISHED SINCE 1989 ~ 30 YEARS