They taste delicious both hot and cold!
Ingredients (makes 19 fritters):
- 400g (3 cups) Frozen Peas
- 3 Eggs
- 180g (1 1/2 cups) Self raising flour *SEE NOTE 1
- 1 spring onion - chopped
- 55g (1/3 cup) Crumbled Feta Cheese *SEE NOTE 2
- 2 tbsp Chopped Parsley *SEE NOTE 3
- Boil the peas for 4 minutes and drain.
- Add the flour, eggs, spring onion and half of the peas to a food processor and pulse until combined. *SEE NOTE 4
- Fold through the remaining peas, feta cheese and parsley.
- Fry tablespoons of the mixture in a little oil for approx 2 minutes on each side until golden.
- You can substitute self-raising flour with all purpose flour and 1 tsp of baking powder
- You can miss this out if worrying about sodium levels (when serving a baby)
- Parsley can be replaced or mixed with other herbs such as mint or basil.
- If your kids don't like texture then you can blend all the peas into the mixture.
Healthy Little Foodies is run by Amy, mum to two little boys with a BSc(Hons) in Food Science and Marketing. Amy used to be a Primary School teacher in Scotland and now lives in Sydney, Australia. Follow Healthy Little Foodies on Pinterest and Instagram.