Blueberry Feta Hotcakes with Bacon and Honey
Top chef Sophie Mitchell says, “This is one of those sweet savoury recipes that is SO moreish. The salty feta and blueberries work really well together and the crunchy bacon and sweet honey take it to the next level. This is an ideal brunch dish.”
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 400g Self raising Flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 400ml of milk
- 150g Feta cheese crumbled
- 150g Chilean blueberries
- 250g smoked streaky bacon
- 2 tablespoons of honey (or maple syrup)
- 150g Chilean blueberries to decorate
- Firstly mix the dry ingredients together, then the eggs and milk. Pour the milk and egg mix slowly into the dry mix and whisk to combine. Then add the blueberries and feta cheese.
- Heat a large frying pan up until medium –high, add a splash of oil and add a couple of large spoonfuls of batter in the pan for each pancake. I like to do one large hotcake per person, or you can do a few smaller ones.
- Cook for about 4 minutes on each side until golden brown. Then place on a plate and top with two slices of bacon, a few more blueberries and a drizzle of honey.
Recipe from www.seasonalberries.co.uk