Cooking with Kids: Salt and Vinegar Goujons
To celebrate National Picnic Week, Seabrook Crisps has created this delicious and easy-to-make picnic recipe for you and your little ones.
Ingredients (serves 6):
- 2 skinless sole or plaice fillets
- 25g/1oz plain flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 100g panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp flakey sea salt
- 1 tbsp veg oil
- 2 tsp malt vinegar
- 50g/20z mayonnaise
- Pre heat the oven to 220C/ 200fan/gas 7. Slice each fish fillet on the diagonal into roughly 8-10 pieces. Put the flour in a bowl with some seasoning, the beaten egg into a medium sized bowl, and the breadcrumbs on a large plate with 1 tsp of the flakey sea salt.
- Toss the fish into the seasoned flour, then take them one at a time and dip in the beaten egg and coat in the breadcrumbs. Lay each piece onto a baking sheet with baking parchment. Repeat until all the fish is coated.
- Drizzle the oil over the goujons and bake in the preheated oven for 10 mins, until crisp and golden.
- Once out of the oven, sprinkle the remaining flakey sea salt over the hot goujons and shake the malt vinegar over the top. Serve in little paper cones with mayonnaise.